Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thoughts on a Rainy Day!!! My Family!

Devin and her boyfriend Anthony, and Sydni
Shanna, Larry and Zach at Stacy and Ben's wedding--April 2005

Peepaw and Sydni with the two doggies



Nick


The two oldest grandkids, Zach and Devin


Stacy, Ben and David--Christmas 2008



Mom and Shanna


Shelly and Kyle


David at the fair last night


Being a grandparent is the most wonderful experience in the world but also a new stress that you get added to your life...This little life that is an extension of you becomes so important and I truly understand what mother said about the special love you have for your grandbabies. You pray about them constantly but I still worry---for instance--Stacy and Ben took little David to they fair and even though they put mosquito repellent on him he got 4 really big bites on his leg and of course he has scratched them --so Mamaw to the rescue with "itch cream" and antibiotic cream--Worry #1----Then there is my little 7 year old , Sydni, who has a tendency to put her hands in her face--Mamaw is again there with the advice "Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands!" Worry #2 ---Then the older 3--Nick is 15 and in the throes of puberty and girl friends-- Mamaw to his Mom "Church, Church, Church!" and then Dev who is 20 and in love--Advice from Mamaw "Wait, think, Wait, THINK!" and last there is Zach who is 19 and at OBU in Arkadelphia --Mamaw 's advice "Sleep, study, get your FLU shot!" Worry #3! Mother says I should not worry but have faith and I do but I still have these twinges of worry'


Of course you then have your children ---Stacy please eat healthier (not just twix and cokes) and take your vitamins---Shanna, please stay out of the children's faces at school and stay on your diet, Shelly, QUIT smoking!

On top of that you now have son-in-laws who you love--(even tho they can aggravate you at times) Ben, please buy a new mattress (mother-in-law knows best) Larry, please sell the airplane and the motorcycle ( I can't take the stress), and last Kyle, Eat right and exercise.


Now being an only child there is mother--who really needs a blog to write about me!! Who is always there to listen, GIVE ADVICE, but most important PRAY!


And then most important is the "Love of my Life" who eats too much sugar (although he is thin), does not exercise (although he is thin), And who will not go Dr for check -up (although he is thin)


I love em all though and would do ANYTHING for each one!

Enough for today--I am exhausted--I could write more but my slave driving mentor, alias, Youngest daughter is telling me to shut up (although in a nice way and although she also is thin)....annoying.


Love,

The James Gang




















1 comment:

  1. good post mom....i read it while i was drinking a coke and eating a twix. ;)

    ReplyDelete